Sunday, February 19, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I really can't stand it when people purposely seek the bad in others. I've been blessed to meet a lot of really awesome individuals over the past few months, and I wouldn't get rid of any of them. Okay, that's a lie. I'd totally get rid of the ones that piss me off, but only for the sake of my own sanity.

But that's besides the point.

My point is, why do we always have to seek the wrongs in people? I can personally say that I'm a very love-y person. I love to love others. I really do. Faults are never really obvious to me, but that's mostly because I tend to be super oblivious to, well, life in general. An even bigger peeve of mine is when someone introduces me to someone else (whether it be a really good friend, or even a mere acquaintance whom they only awkwardly smile at when necessary), and as soon as we're no longer around them, they spout off their 1000 Reasons to Hate (Insert Name Here). I live for first impressions, and the impressions that I get of people are almost always good. I love seeing the good in everyone, because I feel as though it's something that is vastly underrated. I could go on and on about the flaws of my friends, and my family, and even random people that I don't really care for, but then I'd just be wasting a whole lot of precious time that could be spent doing a plethora of other things. Rather, I try to pinpoint the good qualities in each and every person I meet. That doesn't mean that I'm best friends with everyone, nor do I necessarily tolerate everyone, but I'm usually pretty good about forming my own personal opinions of people... until it comes to what someone else has to say.

I'm very simple=minded, and my thoughts can often be construed by the right people using the right words. My opinion of someone who I previously really enjoyed being around can take a complete 180 if you tell me all of the things that I don't want to hear. Maybe it's silly and naive, but I let people get the best of me, and I allow myself to be manipulated. It's an awful quality, but it goes back to that whole "seeing the good in others" thing. I like people so much, and I trust them so much that I think that every person I meet is telling me the truth, even when it contradicts someone else's views completely... even my own.

God put each of us on this planet to do something. Whether we agree with what someone else was sent here to do or not, tolerance (and even more importantly acceptance) is seriously key. And I think it's about time that we started respecting everyone's purpose.

Pray on, my friends.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment