Monday, March 5, 2012

I know I still make mistakes, but You've got new mercies for me everyday.

So to be quite frank, I've been rather unpleasant to be around lately. I complain a lot and I don't really listen to what others have to say. When this semester began, I made a promise to myself that I'd stop complaining about things and actually do something to fix my problems. Well, I'm halfway through, and I still haven't really done that yet. So if you're reading this, I'm apologizing. Because it's not fun to be around someone who bitches perpetually (pardon my language). But I'm attempting to make some changes in my life. I'm reassessing & reprioritizing (yet again), and I'm hoping to make some real progress, but forgive me if I don't.

It took me awhile to realize how many people are on my side and to know that whatever I'm doing, I'm not doing alone. I've spent a lot of time worrying about people not liking me and that they're avoiding me when in reality, I'm probably pushing them away. I've said a million times that I'm done being alone, but hopefully this time it'll stick.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Important words that I was blessed to read this evening. Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing, or where I'm going, but right now, I'm leaving it in the hands of God. Because, really, what other choice do we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment