Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Keep calm and pray on.

Long days call for short messages. Or, long weeks, to be more precise.

I'm emotionally and physically drained from this horrid mid-semester slump. Life's had it's minor pitfalls, but it's nothing that I can't handle, because I know that God won't throw that at me.

At tonight's meeting, we heard a devo about having faith as small as a mustard seed, and it was a nice reminder, because I'd forgotten all about having any faith at all. I'd completely forgotten about God's plan for me, and everything that happens in my life, so when He threw me a few curveballs, I was knocked right down. Thankfully, I had the right people around to pick me right back up again.

I've said it a million times before, but I'm so grateful for the people in my life. I'm loved, and I forget that a lot. I'm loved not despite my flaws, but because of them. And trust me, there are a lot of them. I'm far from perfect. I'm loud and I like attention and that doesn't bother me. I keep apologizing for my faults, but then I realize that there's nothing I can do to change them. I'm struggling everyday with trying to be a "better" person in other peoples' eyes, and I'm driving myself insane attempting to please them.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10


Then I remember that when I find myself in times of stress, doubt, and anxiety, all I have to do is keep calm and pray on.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment