Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"But Mom, I don't wanna go home, I wanna live at the Honey forever."


Unfortunately, this is not reality. After already being thrown back into the real world after less than 24 hours, I've already begun to notice how important OLSP is to me. And because I can't fit how much I love it into one silly photo caption, I'll share it in one silly blog post instead. (And eventually I'll share something more eloquently-written after I've gotten more than 5 hours of sleep and haven't spent 14 hours in a car). 

Project was amazing. And as cheesy as it sounds, we are a family. I already miss having to constantly feel like I need to scold the boys for doing dumb things, or coming and crying to Shay or Erin about whatever my problem of the day has been, or persistently asking David & Mikayla what's for dinner. I miss seeing obvious growth in people. I miss community. I miss the stupid strip and all of its stupid traffic. I miss the yellow umbrellas. I miss everything that is project. But I rejoice so wholeheartedly in the fact that this is where the Lord placed 31 college students from all over the country to serve Him, to share the gospel, to live intentionally, and to learn not only from Him but from each other. Just because I didn't cry upon leaving the beloved Honeysuckle Inn doesn't mean I care any less. I just honestly think that I've already used up my allotted tears for the summer. As heartbreaking as it is to officially be gone and back in good old San Marcos, it's a whole new chapter that I'm ready to take on with Holy Spirit as my guide. Long live the summer of snaps, the DTR table, and the Wolf Pack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment